Sunday, September 14, 2014

Journal Time

  Josiah had a fitful rest. When he woke up his faithful friend Woof was at the foot of his bed.  Rubbing the sleep from his eye's he looked over at his clock, the green numbers indicate it was ten.

  Woof was awake and up waiting for him, the dog walked over to him. The Old man reached out and scratched the dogs head. "Looks like I don't get no rest friend". The Old man stood up and stretched,  and began to dress. He had finished dressing and had retrieved the journal from under his mattress. "Come on boy need to see Cappy before this meeting", he said walking out of his room.

  "Cappy I need you to do something before we all meet think you can do? Josiah said as he was tapping the journal with his left hand.

   "I'll give it try Josiah, what is it"?

  "I want the whole contents transmitted to the other outposts, then bring it back to dining hall, think it can be done in an hour"?

   "I think so, will do my best, but you do realize I will have to take journal apart and do it page by page. I will scan it, save it, and transmit it".

  "Do what ever it takes Cappy, and if takes a little longer than hour, I suppose everyone waited this long a few extra minutes won't hurt". Josiah said as he turned and walked to the dining hall.

  He stopped short at the doorway to the dining hall. Last night was one helluva of night, been one of the worst ones since this whole damn thing had started. He reached down turned the knob and walked in.

  "Wounder why the Old man wants us all to meet Country"? Sarge ask him.

   "You know how he can be sometimes", came the reply.

    "Hell yeah I know that, he can get me frustrated at times".

     Country laughed, "You ain't kidding buddy, I still remember what happen about two years ago between you and him".

       Sarge shook his head on that one, as he got into the other truck. He remember all too well, and what the Old man had said to him, It wasn't to long after that, that Old man pull him aside and gave him a phone number, " Sarge I know what you're going through been there done that, this person help me out a long time ago, and I know he can help you, now take and run with it if want to get your shit together brother". Sarge took it, and it took a week for to call, he was glad he did.

   Carla looked up from the table, "Hey sailor wanna some coffee"?

  He didn't saying nothing just sat down staring at her. "Sure", he said.

   Carla got up and poured him a cup, "Looks like everything is going as scheduled", Sarge and Country are done. The rest of them will be filtering in, So what are we going talk about today? our next move"?

  He looked up at her as she sat the cup down, "Our survival Carla, our survival" he took a sip and hung his head, not saying another word. The tone in his voice sent chills up her spine.

  Dave came in followed by Gail, Country's sister Rebecca, "hey Josiah", Becca said as she walked over to him and gave him a hug, and a peek on the cheek.
 
    "Hi" came his only reply.

The way he replied to Becca, they all knew not to say anything to him, the Idle chatter began.

  Cappy walked in, and straight over to Josiah handing him the journal still intact. "Cappy I ask you to send this information out" the Old man snapped, that stopped everyone from talking.

  " I was about to, but Avi, and the others already have it, Avi told me that they were waiting on you". Cappy responded.

    "Sorry I didn't know, how about the other outposts here?".

     "They have it to, just waiting on you to start", Cappy said.

   Josiah looked down at watch, "Tell them in thirty minutes, then get back here."

        "I will, but but",  "What Cappy?"

    " I read it Josiah, sorry but I had to, Uncle Leo was good to me, and trusted me. I knew some of what was in it, but not all of". Cappy said.

     Josiah was stunned at that statement, and shook his head, "All right, you know most of it, stay at the comm, and monitor what you can I will talk with you later". Cappy turned and walked out, meeting Country and Sarge in the door way, "Hey Cappy, whats the hurry"? Country said. Cappy said nothing but walked back to his comm room.

     Sarge went over to frig, got the pitcher of tea out and poured himself a tall glass taking a big gulp, he smiled, "Damn Carla you make the ice tea I ever had".

      Carla laughed, "I didn't make sweetie, your gal did".

       Sarge smiled at that one, the one and only woman that could ever put with his shit, was there with him, he was glad he had met Angel when he did, something about her had taken his heart, and given him understanding that was sorely needed in his life.

        Amanda, Doc Hart, Ellie, Doug and Angel came into a quite room. Country looked over at Amanda smiled and gave her a wink. They all sat down, waiting, not speaking. Josiah got up, went to intercom, pressed the button, "Tell em to go Cappy".




 

No comments: